New data has come to light proving that the Nokia Lumia 920 is still holding its own, at least in terms of sales in the Windows Phone market place. Despite not exactly breaking any records and coming in relatively close to its siblings, the Nokia Lumia 920 is nonetheless a clear winner over the likes of the HTC 8X and various other popular Windows Phone devices.
According to research by AdDuplex, Nokia accounts for an impressive 80% of the total Windows Phone market, while the remaining 20% is populated by HTC, Samsung and Huawei. As far as the breakdown of Nokia devices goes, the Lumia 920 is still the market-leader with a share of 14%, the Lumia 800 takes silver-medal position at 13% while the Lumia 710, 610, 820 and 620 come in at 13%, 11%, 8% and 7% respectively.
By contrast, HTC managed to garner a share of just 4% of the market – a less than astonishing achievement given the HTC 8X taking Windows Phone 8 flagship status.
In terms of the Windows Phone versions being used, Windows Phone 8 continues to display a slow but steady climb from relative obscurity with 43%, though the majority 57% still use Windows Phone 7. Rather than a knock to Windows Phone 8 however, this is being viewed more as the result of buyers in large numbers taking advantages of Windows Phone 7 device clearances and price cuts. the
As far as the overall Smartphone market goes however things aren’t exactly as glowing as they could be, at least for Microsoft. Data shows that with the ongoing rise of Android and Apple’s iOS in the first and second place positions respectively, Windows Phone as a whole isn’t even nibbling at their heels with a comparatively depressing 3% or less.